More than just a trip to the gorgeous beaches of Ecuador, this week long program includes visits to other places of cultural and environmental interest in the western part of Ecuador.
On the way to the small fishing village of Pedernales we will visit the Indigenous community of Santo Domingo de los Colorados, famous for their colourful dress and festivals.
Ten minutes from the village of Pedernales are the beach cabins and private beach that we will use as a home for the week. From there we will visit other beaches, islands and organizations working to conserve the important costal habitat of Ecuador. On Friday morning students and professors will embark on the 6 hour bus ride back to Quito.
- Transportation to and from Quito. Leave Monday morning and return Friday night.
- Spanish classes everyday for 4 hours.
- Excellent seafood and stay in a double or triple beach cabin.
- Visit to the Santo Domingo indigenous community
- Opportunities to play soccer, volleyball, go dancing and other beach activities
- Excursions to the island of red crabs, mangrove forests, popular fishing and lobster catching places and other nearby beaches.
- Visit to shrimp farms and to FUNDECOL, the main conservation organization working to stop the destruction of Ecuador coastal mangroves due to the explosion of the shrimping industry.
Does not include
Extra food and drinks.
Study while travelling programs - Further information
Ecuador is one of the most bio-diverse countries on the planet. Untouched Amazon rainforest, gorgeous beaches and some of the world's his and hers pajamas best cloud forests all lie within a day's travel of Quito, the capital nestled in the Andes montains.
To help our students fully appreciate the beauty of Ecuador while acquiring language skills, we offer these study programs outside of Quito.
We recommend staying in Quito for at least the first week of your visit to Ecuador to allow you to acclimatize (Quito is at 2,850m) and then use your Spanish while travelling.
Since we work with groups and directly with the service providers we are able to offer trips at a much lower cost than if you were to travel pajamas on your own. Also there is of course the advantage of having your professors along with you to help you get the most out of your visit.
All of our travel programs run from Monday through Friday. After a full week of classes and and excursions, you choose what you want to do on the weekend. You can either choose to return to Quito with your professors or stay longer.
However, the trip for the following week will always be leaving from Quito promptly on Monday morning.