Mindo Garden is a semitropical ecological reserve a few hours northwest of Quito. A birdwatchers paradise because of its incredible concentration of rare and unique birds, Mindo is also popular with outdoor lovers for its waterfalls, mild temperaturesand peaceful scenery. Surrounded by the opportunity to relax, participate in guided hikes, horseback riding and rafting.
- Transportation to and from Quito. Leave Monday morning and return Friday night.
- Spanish classes everyday for 4 hours. Monday through Friday morning.
- Three meals a day and stay in a lodge.
- Excursions to waterfalls and other places in the area.
- Visit to the Butterfly Garden.
- Rafting and horseback riding (for those wanting a bit more adventure).
Does not Include
- Cost of horseback riding and rafting click site.
- Extra food and drinks.
- Entrance fee to national park.
Study while travelling programs - Further information
Ecuador is one of the most bio-diverse countries on the planet. Untouched Amazon rainforest, gorgeous beaches and some of the worldÂ´s best cloud forests all lie within a dayÂ´' travel of Quito, the capital nestled in the Andes montains.
To help our students fully appreciate the beauty of Ecuador while acquiring language skills, we offer these study programs outside of Quito.
We recommend staying in Quito for at least the first week of your visit to Ecuador to allow you to acclimatize (Quito is at 2,850m) and then use your Spanish while travelling.
Since we work with groups and directly with the service providers we are able to offer trips at a much lower cost than if you were to travel on your own. Also there is of course the advantage of having your professors along with you to help you get the most out of your visit.
All of our travel programs run from Monday through Friday. After a full week of classes and and excursions, you choose what you want to do on the weekend. You can either choose to return to Quito with your professors or stay longer.
However, the trip for the following week will always be leaving from Quito promptly on Monday morning.